plants arrived okay

fishclubgirl

lol Well, Java moss is pretty indestructible. I'm wondering more about the "exotic" mosses. It would really bite to invest in some flame or Christmas moss and then have it melt away from dosing Excel.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in big al's today and they had some moss that had a scientific name. they said it was christmas moss. it did not really look like christmas moss but it could have been. it looks like they just got a plant shipment in.

so for all of you guys that wants some, it might be there. they had not put a price out yet. you might want to find the scientific name before you go in, too make sure you are getting the right stuff.

Some mosses tend to grow in a more tangly java moss like form when left floating and will only achieve their true shape after getting tied down.

• 4 weeks later...

So I get in a shipment today and it's labelled plants(absolute no-no to customs). But it made it through and the plants are fine. I did have shipment sent back that was labelled as "aquarium glass" and contained plants. Canada customs drives me nuts!!

I managed to get my hands on some Flame moss a few weeks ago, and it's growing really well in my small 10 gallon...I put in some Flourish in it and just turn on the light everymorning...I wish I had the attention span to learn more about plants...but eh.........what was I saying?? LOL

I managed to get my hands on some Flame moss a few weeks ago, and it's growing really well in my small 10 gallon...I put in some Flourish in it and just turn on the light everymorning...I wish I had the attention span to learn more about plants...but eh.........what was I saying?? LOL

Did you find the flame moss at a store? The only place I have seen it is on aquabid or ebay. Would love some of that stuff, there is also another type of moss I want, just can't remember the name off hand. I saw it on aquabid but would be coming from over seas.

Did you find the flame moss at a store? The only place I have seen it is on aquabid or ebay. Would love some of that stuff, there is also another type of moss I want, just can't remember the name off hand. I saw it on aquabid but would be coming from over seas.

Actually I got it from a guy that was advertising it on kijiji, I only have a bit of it right now, but I when it gets to a point that I can trim it I'll gladly give you some. ;) It's fairly small right now, but I can see it is growing!

I have flame moss too as well as an assortment of other mosses from overseas. If you can think of what it is, I may have it or can get it.

• 3 months later...

Okay another shipment from the states and it's labelled "aquarium plants". And it makes it through customs and the plants are fine. Aaargh this country!!! ( at least I got my plant!!!)