Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan" (Taiwanee Reef)

Sammy

Good Day,

I have been dying to breed out my male Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan" (Taiwanee Reef) for some time now, so I finally was able to get some females sent up from Calgary during the ACE auction. Now I have never raised any females of this speices so I havent witnessed the changes they go through while growing up. But from everything I have read and learned about them, the females should not look like this.

TR::s%20004.jpg

TR::s%20012.jpg

Maybe someone here can help me determined if these are females or males.??

Here is the male Ive been wanting to breed for some time.

TR::s%20005.jpg

Any feedback would be appricated.

Thanks,

Sammy

Thanks RD and Degrassi for the quick reply and for the compliments about the Male.

Its too bad they both look like that cause I was sold these as Being 2 x F1 female Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan" (Taiwanee Reef). That were left from a group that died in a heater accident. I was suspicious about their sex the day after getting them in thier new home. I started sending pms to the person/s that they came from. And again was told that they were f1 and should be feamales. First I dont have any experience raising females of these speices but I could tell in 24 hours that something wasnt right. Its funny how when you go to buy a fish, the person you are buying them from knows everything about them ie..(heater accident/left over females from the group) then when an issue arrises all of a sudden I find out they came from someone elses or that they were sexed and bagged by someone else. BUNCH OF CRAP in my books. Anyways dont judge a seller by their forum status or by the amount of post they make in these forums cause it mean s*#t. Anyways rant is done and Ive got 2 2.5" MALE Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan" (Taiwanee Reef) for sale. And once again I am looking for females. I paid $10 each and dont care if I get my money back as long as someone will get them out of here for me as I dont have Room for males.

Sammy

That bites. Definate males....have they coloured up much, or were they always showing that much blue?

If so, they should never have been sold as females. :guns:

Hey rahim,

I was the one that sold him those taiwan reefs... let me restate that... i sold them to him/ garret... for the price of 5.00 for both of them b/c i thought that they were both females and wouldnt have anyuse for them... since the rest of them died to my malfunctioned heater. i dunno what garret told him tho since i have not directly contacted sammy about it... all he sed was he had a friend who needed some females.. and at that time, those guys did not have any color in them... so i assumed that the were females..

so i dunno why malawi_luver charged you 10.00/peice for them, when i only wanted 5.00 for both. i assume that it is because he also purchased fish from me and throughtout the whole deal time(approx 1 month) he was trying to get a bargain with me... 4 F1 neon blues went from 5.00 a peice to all 4 for 10.00... so i dunno if he overcharged you to cover his cost or anything, but i would like to get everything straight.

Hung

Good day,

I was not bothered by the price nor the quality, I was just really looking forward to getting 2 females as advertised. Thats it thats all no worries. :)

It was a honest mistake however, I am alittle shocked that the little bugger charged me quadruple for the fish. Oh well. Anyone have some females avalible.

Sammy.

The ones at Petland are from Spencer Jack, and although there are some young males starting to color up, there's no guarantee that the ones that aren't showing color, are females.

Having said that, if I had a male like Sammy's, I'd probably take a gamble & buy a few that appeared to be females.

Not sure if Ellie would be willing to trade, but coloured males would probably sell better than females, unless someone is buying a group...just a thought.