Sick fish Water fine, nothing visible HELP!!

Ishkabod

Okay well to get ready for the new Petricola's i picked up yesterday (very very pretty) I did a water change to remove the salt i had dosed the tank with last week when i had noticed a weird white patch of scales on my chiwindi peacock. It was starting to disappear a few days into the salt treatment and now it's gone BUT all the fish are now acting oddly.

Here are the symptoms

Some are

Lethargic.

Shy (hiding all the time)

All of them are

shaking their heads like they are irritated

scratching on rocks

flashing

I've just added some salt back into the tank (1tbs/10gal) so we'll see if that might help. As i mentioned in the topic the water levels are fine but i'll list them for you anyway

Ammonia, Nitrite, and nitrate are at 0

PH 7.9

Temp 26

The odd thing is as soon as the lights go out in the tank they all come out and energy levils dramatically increase to almost frantic levels for the fish that had some energy before and to normal levels for those that were lethargic. Some still hide though.

Any ideas would be a great help or a site that could help with a diagnosis

Thanks

L

Edited by Ishkabod

Have you treated for internal parasites? Use something like Prazipro or the Jungle product. (There are probably others as well)

Have you treated for internal parasites? Use something like Prazipro or the Jungle product. (There are probably others as well)

I haven't yet because i want to be sure what the problem is before i medicate (also to get money to buy said meds.)

They are eating and aren't skinny. The scraping seems to be on the head area and they sometimes shake their heads like they have hair in their eyes and it's annoying them.

Thanks for the tip.

If i were to treat for internal problems is there something that i could use that is broad spectrumish and maybe the chance of no filter bacteria damage hopefully...

Thanks again

L

I use Prazipro and it is supposed to have a 'low impact' on your bacterial cultures. As far as 'broad spectrum' i know that term is used more for antibacterial meds, but on the bottle and on the website for the product, they do list quite a number of parasites that it is effective against. (They also have a concentrated version of the product for use in ponds and large aquariums.)

I haven't tried the Jungle product, but I read that there are people on the board that like it as well. so I guess it's a matter of trying it and see what you like.

Well It's Ich Invisible till i appeard on one of my Chiwindi Peacocks last night. I've had the tank dosed with coppersafe and Salt for the last three days and sill the Ich Appeared. Is the coppersafe and salt not working?? should i try something else??

thanks

L

hi there we just whent threw what your talking about the white pach sounds like white coton the rubbing sounds like ick hears what we did we put are fish in a temp tank treated them for white coton and ick then took there tank and turned it up to 100 for 2 weeks that killed every thing and now the fish are back in there home happy as ever