synodontis petricola in a comunity tank?

fleshgear

i have 5 synodontis petricola one is a little under 3" and the others are about 2" I do have a 45 gallon cichlid tank with some 3 elec yellow's 3 strawberry peacock, 4 neon blue peacock, and 4 blue peacock. the last 8 are still small. this tank still has not been set up for long, only a month and still seems to be doing some weird things. not sure what but i don't want to risk putting 5 synodontis petricola in there.

I have a 77 gallon planted community tank with some female betta's 3 angels, some swords a few guppies, 1 killi, 5 orange laser corys, about 20 otocinclus algae eaters, and one black molly. can i put the synodontis petricola in that tank? and will they be happy? i read that they are a peaceful fish unless the fish are much smaller than them.

there is no caves or anything like that in there, but i could throw something in. maybe a cheesy decoration or something.

Like Jason says, they should be fine....make sure you have some caves, driftwood, etc, and you shouuld be fine. But watch those Angels, cuzz they become DEVILS the minute they pair off, and will pound anyone that comes near the spot they have chosen to lay eggs........

James

I don't see a problem with them being in a community tank either. My lucky petricolas have tons of rock work to play around in, that would be the most important thing. I would only worry about them eventually knocking around more delicate plants and possibly uprooting them when they get bigger, but they might not.