why is nls better?

rED O

im 100% with you Neil. Comparing growth rate and the coloration of nls and Hikari, I've yielded better results on nls. My fish have superior everything. Dmaan and I grew up a midas from the same batch and his grew up mostly solo in a tank while mine grew up in a large community. His fish was longer than mine but mine was much heavier and thicker bodied. Other foods may offer the best results but nls has yielded the best for me so far.

guy,... many of us have seen your fish ... If your fish are a good example of what nls can do..

ill stick to trout chow..

haha that's intense!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im 100% with you Neil. Comparing growth rate and the coloration of nls and Hikari, I've yielded better results on nls. My fish have superior everything. Dmaan and I grew up a midas from the same batch and his grew up mostly solo in a tank while mine grew up in a large community. His fish was longer than mine but mine was much heavier and thicker bodied. Other foods may offer the best results but nls has yielded the best for me so far.

guy,... many of us have seen your fish ... If your fish are a good example of what nls can do..

haha that's intense!

im not riipping on pimpdoctor.. im just sayin, his fish are stunning because of the species.. not cause of the food

Please refrain from criticizing someone or their fish. This topic is to discuss the differences in fish foods and compare them, so lets keep it on track.

haha that's intense!

im not riipping on pimpdoctor.. im just sayin, his fish are stunning because of the species.. not cause of the food

So you're saying my fish are sweet but the NLS doesn't do much for em compared to your trout chow? Your fish have mad growth off of that food I noticed, I wouldn't mind trying some on my bass, he's thickened out but won't eat NLS.

Edited by Parachromis1

Please refrain from criticizing someone or their fish. This topic is to discuss the differences in fish foods and compare them, so lets keep it on track.

i own many of the fiSH, THAT HAVE COME DIRECTLY FROM PARACHROMISES TANKS,.. AT LEAST 7 OR 8

I WAS JUST SAYING HIS FISH DID NOT START TO LOOK CRAPPY AS SOON AS THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE AND STARTED A DIET OF TROUT CHOW..

IM SAYING THEY STILL LOOK JUST AS COLOURFUL AND ROBUST AS THEY WERE WHEN i ORIGANALLY GOT THEM FROM HIM

SO BACK TO MY ORIGINAL POINT OF COMPARING THE BRANDS... AFTER CHANGING THERE DIETS FROM NLS TO TROUT CHOW.. i HAVE NOT SEEN ANY LOSS OF SIZE OR COLOUR

IF ANYTHING, THEY HAVE SIGNIFIGANTLY GROWN SINCE IN MY CARE

SORRY , IF I CAME ACROSS AS RUDE.. BUT THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION

So you're saying my fish are sweet but the NLS doesn't do much for em compared to your trout chow? Your fish have mad growth off of that food I noticed, I wouldn't mind trying some on my bass, he's thickened out but won't eat NLS.

ILL BRING YOU A CPOUPLE POUNDS, WHEN WE MAKE THAT TRADE TOMMOROW MORNING

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

i own many of the fiSH, THAT HAVE COME DIRECTLY FROM PARACHROMISES TANKS,.. AT LEAST 7 OR 8

I WAS JUST SAYING HIS FISH DID NOT START TO LOOK CRAPPY AS SOON AS THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE AND STARTED A DIET OF TROUT CHOW..

IM SAYING THEY STILL LOOK JUST AS COLOURFUL AND ROBUST AS THEY WERE WHEN i ORIGANALLY GOT THEM FROM HIM

SO BACK TO MY ORIGINAL POINT OF COMPARING THE BRANDS... AFTER CHANGING THERE DIETS FROM NLS TO TROUT CHOW.. i HAVE NOT SEEN ANY LOSS OF SIZE OR COLOUR

IF ANYTHING, THEY HAVE SIGNIFIGANTLY GROWN SINCE IN MY CARE

SORRY , IF I CAME ACROSS AS RUDE.. BUT THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION

i need to see some this trout chow.

it would only bee feeding a single cichlid.

11" give or take a centimeter.

give me some.

RedO - if you have any further questions feel free to send me a PM.

This discussion appears to have turned into a personal chat line, which I don't plan on reading any further.

Whatever you decide, best of luck with your oscars.

This discussion appears to have turned into a personal chat line, which I don't plan on reading any further.

thanks for your help. I think for the most varied diet I am going to feed trout pellets, hikari and NLS.

I made the switch to NLS pellets for my oscars because lots of people tell me nls is the best pellet out there. I compared it to hikari cichlid gold. hikari has more protein more vitamins and less fat then NLS. Also when I feed NLS, half of the pellet comes out of there gills or maybe more then half. And because of this my nitrates spike after feeding NLS. Hikari has lots of fresh ingredients too. So what makes NLS the best pellet on the market? or is it just a matter of opinion?

IMO NLS is overrated... Not saying it's a bad brand or anything because it is superior to quite a few out there.

Edited by DiscusLova

thanks for your help. I think for the most varied diet I am going to feed trout pellets, hikari and NLS.

Why not include some frozen food to mix things up, like some silver sides or krill?

If you ever get a bag of frozen prawns, try giving your Oscar those too!

Why not include some frozen food to mix things up, like some silver sides or krill?

If you ever get a bag of frozen prawns, try giving your Oscar those too!

no offence or anything but I know what I am doing :P

just to let you know I feed

nls pellets

hikari pellets

mysis

krill

prawns

beef heart

crickets

super worms

earth worms

maggots

banana

peas

algea weafers

I also add vita chem to all of there food

The feeding of any pet shouldn't be based on price alone. If it gets to the point that feeding them a healthy diet becomes too cost prohibitive then it might be time to cut down on the herd.

I think that williewonka hit the nail on the head. All of us here are supposed to be lovers of aquatic pets and IMO that means providing them the best environment and care that we can. Isn't it better to have let's say 5 fish thriving on highly rated food than 20 fish getting by on so-so food. It's like comparing a meal of a quality cut of meat, fresh veggies and wild rice to a meal of SPAM and Minute Rice. Which would you choose?