Plants in shipment

firestorm

Just wondering how long plants can go in shipping before they start to die off? I have been waiting 3 weeks for some plants coming from malaysia, and since they never arrived today if they are in shipment they probably won't be here until next week sometime. I just don't want to have them arriving dead. I know they can go a couple of weeks, but don't know how much longer than that. Anyone who has done this before and knows, let me know, thanks :)

most of my orders took about 3 weeks to arrive. the leaves were removed for transport. the only time i had a problem was when they froze. but they reshipped and it was all good.

All of my orders from Malaysia other than one have been fine. I tried a different seller for some anubias and they were in the mail too long. Have stuck with Aquatic Magic ever since. They seem to know how long plants are good in the mail!! Also have some weeping moss from Mexico that was in the mail 4 weeks and was fine.

Well it has been just over 4 weeks now, no signs of any plants, and I ordered 3 different ones from them. I am a little irritated as I am not paying for something that's dead. It took only 2 weeks to get my nano diffusers from them, so I don't know why it's taking all the plants so long.

Over 4 weeks probably means they've been seized by customs. My suggestion would be to get in touch with them and they will reship. Unfortunately this happens but they're used to it. I lost some CO2 tablets and they reshipped.

chances are it's burned at the boarder and I don't believe they notify anymore.

I did get notification when my plants were turned back from the states but nothing when it came from Asia. My american plants did have all the paperwork but asian, just a declaration. I seem to get plenty of "childrens toys, baby blankets and aquarium glass."

Ordering from out of Canada and getting shipped with the proper documentation is risky at best, I am not sure if there can be any consequences for you if they see a trend.

I didn't end up receiveing anything at all, so I assume customs took them. I spoke to them and they are going to reship all the plants. I hope this time it doesn't take so long, I wanted to set them up in the tank before I got my shrimp that are going into that tank, but if worse comes to worse I will have to set it up with the inhabitants. What kind of feedback should I leave for them? I am a little irritated about it, I know it's probably not their fault but if they ship here often enough they should know how to ship them so that they won't be seized.

I know it's probably not their fault but if they ship here often enough they should know how to ship them so that they won't be seized.

They know exactly how to ship them so they won't get seized- by including proper customs documentation and phytosanitary certification. But most people won't pay the extra $$$ for that. With the low price comes the risk of loss/seizure.

I know it's probably not their fault but if they ship here often enough they should know how to ship them so that they won't be seized.

They know exactly how to ship them so they won't get seized- by including proper customs documentation and phytosanitary certification. But most people won't pay the extra $$$ for that. With the low price comes the risk of loss/seizure.

Yeah I know, I would rather not pay the big bucks for all of that though unless the plant was really worth it. I have heard some companies don't label them as live plants, but rather something else instead like glass or aquarium products etc. I guess sometimes that way the go through customs smoothly and sometimes they get busted because customs decides to check the package.