Prime gone wrong

RDFISHGUY

Its with seious remorse I have to announce the death of my male ray. He was awesome specimen but due to a malfunction with my dosing pump he was poisoned by Prime.

I set up my dosing bottle about 4 ' above the pump and both check valves failed, dumping 4L of Prime into my sump. The ray and one clown loach died. Luckily my wife was able to save the arowana and the rest of the inhabitants before there were more serious losses.

Obviously mot the Prime's fault
:rolleyes:

thats terrible :cry: I am sorry to hear the loss of those great fish. I loved the colors on your male motoro. Good thing the arowana was saved.

thats crappy. :(

Bummer. Thats the first I've heard of Prime doing that. How big is your tank?

I have heard of reports of Prime becoming toxic at 10X dosing or higher.

Huge bummer! :cry:

Bummer. Thats the first I've heard of Prime doing that. How big is your tank?

230 gallons. 4 liters would treat it for over 8 months

Sorry to hear that Ryan! You seem to have all the crappy luck with your fish.

If its weird or uncommon it'll happen in one of my tanks.... guaranteed. If not for bad luck there wouldn't be any. Funny part is I ran this tank for 4 weeks ,while I waited for parts, without a dosing pump. Filter system works pretty darn good. I just wanted to be double sure so I added the dosing pump just in case any chloramines slipped by. If I wasn't so paranoid I'd still have a ray. If it wasn't for Erin, and her early detection, I would have lost the whole tank.

That ray rocked and is, likely, irreplaceable. The color and activity level were outstanding. I'm so bummed out. He deserved a better fate.

Sorry about the loss Ryan. It's the first I've heard about Prime being toxic too, but at that amount I guess just about anything could be harmful. : (