Abbreviations?

jesp

Ok, so I finally admit that I cannot figure out what all the abbreviations mean on this forum.

If you read this and see some missing, please feel free to enlighten me. (ie: MTS?)

Cheers

Ohhhh... so its the MTS that is buggering you, eh... don't worry..You will get it soon if you haven't already... :lol:

MTS stands for Multiple tank syndrome.. a wallet emptying trait that a lot of people succumb to..

For a list of the other acronyms, please see this pinned article in this section.

Popular Internet and Aquarium-Related Acronyms, FYI, HOB, RO....what do they mean????

Raj

Edited by catshanon

When someone is selling something why do people leave a post that says, Pm'd? Does that mean they want to be messaged or that they messaged the person or what?

Edited by jesp

When someone is selling something why do people leave a post that says, Pm'd? Does that mean they want to be messaged or that they messaged the person or what?

This just means that they have sent a private message (ei, pm) to said individual about said topic.

MTS used to always mean Malaysian Trumpet Snails, but since so many of us keet NEEDING to buy more tank, hence the Multi-Tank Syndrome.

PMed = Private Messaged

OP = Original Post(er)

BN Pleco = Bristle Nose Pleco

CS = Cherry Shrimp

Those are the ones I use most of the time... if there are others you need to know, just ask :)

IMO (In my opinion) and IMHO (In my honest opinion) are ones I see commonly on forums too.

slight derivation on IMHO In my humble opinion,

LFS - Local fish shop?

LOL laughed out loud ie laughing with you

lmao Laughing my @$$ off ie laughing at you!

TLA -Three Letter Acronym

Guest Master of Puppets
my top 5

RTC-redtailcatfish

RTG-redtailgoldarowana

FH-flowerhorn

RT-redtexascichlid

ATF-africantigerfish

What about GATF - Goliath african tiger fish