Heater DISASTER

Spader

I HAD a 10 gal with a pair of Neo. Pulcher Daffodils. I said HAD because my heater crapped out and rasied the temp to 96. They were fine this moring at like 8 and dead by 10am. Oh and to top it off they had just laid more eggs yesterday. I lost 2 adults, 25+ 1/2" fry and however many eggs. What a great start to my day. Any one in Edmonton have any Pulcher or Brichardi for sale? What a loss. :boom:

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a similar experience a few years ago with a 20 gallon tank and a cheap comes with the kit heater myself.

A friend of mine here in Calgary has some N. pulcher for sale. Let me know if you're interested.

David.

Edited by Nyasa

My education in microbiology would make me say no. We used to culture stuff at about 95 -100 degrees, but I would still add cycle if I had some handy. BTW I have a sub male daffodil that is getting grief from the dom male lately because the dom male has finally decided to shack up with the female. You can have him, my contribution, if we can figure out how to get him to Edmonton. Regards Harold