Fluval G series

snaggle

They sure have very very little information on the product so i cannot say if it's good or bad or okay or better than or worth it. I'll have to wait till someone gets one and reviews it on here.

too bad because i'm looking for a new filter in october or so and i could have put it off to buy this one. Their loss

Thanks for the heads up

L

here is a new video , it is in German though.

The filter consists of media trays arranged around a bespoke pleated filter cartridge in the middle.... because these cartridges exert a known back pressure as they clog, fluval can monitor the pressure in the filter and the electronics rely on this to figure out when it needs cleaning and optimise the pump performance.

If you modify these cartridges, you will lose the electronic benefits.

Trial units have performed spectacularly and the new fittings are very, very well thought out... a huge step up from the old-fashioned fittings you get from eheim, and the fittings used be the FX5 and 05 series.

Here is a bit more detail on the Series, it looks slick! http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...m.php?news=2219

So about $530 for the G3 and $620 for the G4...Gonna be quite an expensive refit program :o They look worth it though...I think I needs me a Hagen Sponsorship :thumbs:

I think you'd be nuts replacing an FX5 with one of their new G-series filters. The large one, with a flow of 1000 lph, transates to roughly 250 gph. Not even close to a completely filled FX5 with media. And I'm sure having the pleated filters means they're not going to be easily cleaned, which means huge replacement costs because they don't look to me to be something that you can just do without or modify yourself to do the same job. It is only rated by Fluval to 600L, compared to 1500L for the FX5.

IMO, the filter looks to be something that's for someone with money who wants minimal maintenance - great for doctor's and other offices, but I doubt it's something that'll catch on with the average hobbyist who has multiple tanks.