renaxp3 or fluval fx5?

denzkyasia

im going to edmonton this thurs..where to buy a good deal either of this two?or consider looking a used?

That's like comparing a Honda to a Mercedes....the FX5 blows it out of the water. Most places sell them for the same price too. Try Aquarium Illusions.

Yes, the FX5 is the Mercedes, but then that would make the eheim pro3 the Rolls-Royce. :thumbs:

maybe i just fit to my budget in i gonna used to my one fish only my RTG arowana.i prefer the RENA xp3 ,what do you think guys?my tank is 90 gallons.

I have not tried the FX5 either but I am quite happy with the 4 XP3 filters I have. I love the ease of service.

I bought 2 XP4's from ebay for 160.00 plus shipping which was in Canada, got them for less than 200 a piece. All I run is Rena and would maybe move to a Eheim but not a FX5. I run a XP4 on both my 70 and 75 gallon and a XP3 on my 30 gallon. No complaints and super easy to clean.

thanks guys i make my final decision i will get the RENA xp4...thanks you to all for the reply....

thanks guys i make my final decision i will get the RENA xp4...thanks you to all for the reply....

Yeah. personally I have an xp3 and it is a beautiful dream so far.... its a 175 rating on a 130-135 gallon tank.

I cant wait to take it apart again!

When i was at Big Al's not to long ago i was asking a similar question. WHICHONE. From what i remember each one has different characteristics. One has a greater flow rate over the material and another had less but more efficient flow and can possibly clog with debris from a heavy waste load(goldfish). Basicly one would be good for waste happy Koi and Goldfish while the other would be more suited for Cichlids and the like and is more energy efficient because there is allot less pass through (water that goes through the filter but doesn't actually get treated). I think i was comparing the Rena and the Eheim. Not sure but i'm pretty sure i had eliminated the Fluval series as a contender prior to that. I can't say for sure but i hope this might help. When i had asked about quality it was a back and forth tug O war between the Eheim and Rena.

Good luck

L