Jumbo clown loaches

t-man

Picked up 7 jumbo clown loaches yesterday and thought I would post a few pics. I put them in my 450 gallon with my other 7 loaches so now I have 14. Talk about a size difference!! :shock: Once they get settled in I should be able to get some better pics. One of them caught his spear on the net and it protruded for a while but when I woke up this morning I had seen it went back in. :thumbs:

Edited by t-man

I had heard that Dennis had some whoppers in, great looking loaches!

Thanks!! I told him that he better not get any bigger ones in now that I just bought 7. He responded by saying that he always tries to do better and he is going to see if he can get in 12 inchers. I just shook my head and said no wonder I do all my shopping here!! This was his 3rd batch of big loaches in about a month. As soon as they come in they blow out the door a week later after they are treated. :boom:

Edited by t-man

I have 5 large and 3 small loaches myself. They are great fish to keep. Once of my largest is 7 years old and had him since day one in fish keeping.

I have 5 large and 3 small loaches myself. They are great fish to keep. Once of my largest is 7 years old and had him since day one in fish keeping.

Very beautiful fish, I have a little Botia, did not know about the spear/spine eye thingy, moved him into the tank one day after doing a cleaning and thought I hurt him or one of his tank mates was trying to remove his eye, thought it was a bone from the socket, freaked me right out..lol, cool pic of yours sticking out!