Another great find!

jvision

So, while feeding my fish this afternoon, I found about 50 free swimming Neo. birchardi fry. I thought most of the fish were a little off these last few days, but I thought it might have been from the soggy zuccini that the plecos left. Figured the WC tomorrow would bring everyone back to normal... don't think it will.

There's a group of 3 (4th is relegated to the top corner of the tank) who have given the fry plenty of space, keeping everyone at bay. Not sure if they'll survive the sharks tonight, tho - I have 13 S. petricola who live in the rocks all day, but cruise at night.

I siphoned off about 1/2 and have them in w. my BN fry. We'll see who grows the fastest - I'll be feeding both tanks about the same, but the parents look like they're chewing up food for the kids.

It's weird how fish cycle through the hobby. I remember when N. brichardi were one of the most common Tangs, and people were suprised when they saw N. pulcher (Daffodils). Now, it's the other way around.

I suspect these guys will be around 1" in 6 weeks or so. I'll post when they're ready for sale.

I figured the fry in the main tank would be gone in a day or two. They've been doing great! There are 3 adults guarding them. The tank has over 40 fish including 13 petricola, so I am totally amazed!