bristlenose Pleco and Blackbrush Algae

Knowzilla

Just woundering if a bristlenose pleco will eat blackbrush or any type of brush algae? I have a bristlenose in my 133 southamerican tank and cleans the green and brown algae really well, but wanted to put one in my 120 community tank to deal with the bristle algae. The 120 has guppys,mollys,corys,platys,swordtails and two big clown loaches. I also have a medium chinese algae eater and three simese algae eaters (small ones).and the tank is planted.

Edited by Knowzilla

Just woundering if a bristlenose pleco will eat blackbrush or any type of brush algae? I have a bristlenose in my 133 southamerican tank and cleans the green and brown algae really well, but wanted to put one in my 120 community tank to deal with the bristle algae. The 120 has guppys,mollys,corys,platys,swordtails and two big clown loaches. I also have a medium chinese algae eater and three simese algae eaters (small ones).

I love my BN but they don't seem to want to eat the black hair algae. Amecas and SAE are meant to get good for that. I do have some hair algae and my mollies do eat some of it too. Guess I should move around my SAE to get rid of it, eh!!