ARAPAIMA in lloyd for cheap!

davis101

Maybe in loyd it would be hard to get rid of them but i seen a store get some in in Calgary and once it went around town all 25 were gone in a few hours. I never have seen one come back ? They must of all died?

no problem, the guy who owns it is really nice. i do beleive he has a website but doesnt have many of his fish posted on it yet. it is balckoceanaquarium.com. i did order the fish im not going to lie. i wanted two but he needed to get a permit to get them so he ordered more to make it more worth his while. when he gets his fish order in i will get a stocklist for you guys and some ideas on pricing. those were just his estimates. and for you people who are going to ask me if i kno how big they get, beleive me when i say i do. thats basically my favorite thing about the fish

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Agreed :) Did you get the arapima? Ive seen them in a calgary LFS from time to time....... but they werent under 100 bux lol..... I know there is a guy in rocky mountian house has one about 4 feet long in a plastic tub i think its 8 feet round maybe 10??? feeds it frozen rats and such

I would love to visit such a monster..... but if i had the setup I think i would be keeping alot more than 1 6 foot killer in there anything else would be a snack

Well I think I'd buy one just to say I got one. Besides it's always a good excuse to buy larger and larger tanks aside from the 300 i already own...

So if you can do it then i say go for it. not much different than arowanas really.