90 gallon planted tank

Sean Cassidy

Great looking tank. What is the plant in the middle that is narrow, stringy with the bumps?

Thanks

It is Crinum calamistratum. I am just waiting for my red lotus bulbs and my barclaya longifoilia to fill in to give some more color. I just finished trimming the Lotus as it had lily pads all over the surface.

It has been up for 3 years now. However I did a major over haul over the Christmas break and changed out the gravel to this. I put in a substrate heater and one cm layer of Red Sea plant substrate and then another layer of seachem Black sand Flourite and then put regular black sand over that as the Seachem seemed to not be completely black. It had some white and gray in it. I even rinsed it heavily. I wasn't happy with the look so I added the regular black sand. So I guess everything has been up for a year now. It has only been this full for a couple of month now. In the new year I will probably start CO2 on it. Just have to save up for the system. I changed out the the substrate because I was having a hard time growing most plants in it. It was crushed granite and wasn't easy to deal with.

Very nice how long has it been set up