New ( to me ) plant

jewels

This was un-labled when I traded for it @ the LFS. I have an idea of what it may be ,,, but,,,

The folks in 'cichlid chat' have such a ball with their I.D. guessing game, and on account that I do not get to play because not once have I had any I.Dea so - why not ? :smokey:

Plant nerds unite!

th_P1150302.jpg

th_P1150305.jpg

The plot thickens!

I was think'n Ludwigia - of course there is @ least ten variants in that family , so the search continues.

I find these are tricky to ID because of the fact that most of the google photos you find (of any plant) have just come in the door. Most of these are fresh out the nursery and still in the emersed form. That can make then appear completely different.

This one was is in really rough shape. I have it in the intensive care unit. We shall see if it pulls through. :flex:

I didn't open the files the first time. After blowing it up for my son ("Is that a ray?") I'm inclined to go w. Rotala as well.

OK OK that was shot thru the glass, thru the bag

A pic of it in the tank will make it easier to ID. :)

Very True- Fair enough.

Didn't want to make it tooo easy.

Seeing the over-all structure will surely help.

It is still in the I.C.U. as I find the Ameca will not tolerate anything but a robustly growing plant

Sorry F.C.♀. ( but congrats on joining the plant geek club ) not a cardinal plant - I deftly deaded one of those a while back!

Edited by jewels

Sorry F.C.♀. ( but congrats on joining the plant geek club ) not a cardinal plant - I deftly deaded one of those a while back!

Ooh, I'm a plant geek not just a fish geek. My mom's going to be so proud,lol!! Too bad, I can't grow houseplants!!

• 1 month later...

I find these are tricky to ID because of the fact that most of the google photos you find (of any plant) have just come in the door. Most of these are fresh out the nursery and still in the immersed form. That can make then appear completely different.

Update.

th_P1160287.jpg

• 3 months later...

I find these are tricky to ID because of the fact that most of the google photos you find (of any plant) have just come in the door. Most of these are fresh out the nursery and still in the immersed form. That can make then appear completely different.

Update.

th_P1160287.jpg

UPDATE

still wide open

P1170555.jpg

Golden nesea,

Great, now I need educating; how can one tell the difference between that and Ammannia senegalensis

am I now a plant geek??? :smokey:

You surely have the second part covered :shifty: :tongue: :shifty: