Build your own stand...

Baos

I've seen quite a few tutorials and whatnot for aquariums, but not so much for a 'howto' for stands. Maybe you have a favorite site bookmarked you could share with the rest of us? I also checked out our site listing and found it useful but I'd like to see some other styles before deciding on my own.

I've seen quite a few tutorials and whatnot for aquariums, but not so much for a 'howto' for stands. Maybe you have a favorite site bookmarked you could share with the rest of us? I also checked out our site listing and found it useful but I'd like to see some other styles before deciding on my own.

Hi. I too have been looking for good info on stand design for our 90g. Found the below reefcentral.com reference to an apparently engineered stand design notably not requiring supports in the sump area over a 72" length. Will be building one for our new tank. Others on this forum have probably seen these before as we are new to AlbertaAquatica. Lengthy discussion of the design occurs following the first post.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1169964

Thanks My3KidsDad. I really like the general concept of that stand. I'll probably use it as a basis for my design but I am thinking of using 2x4's all the way around the outside between the blue and the yellow. and then another purple one in the center on both sides for a drawer and cabinet maybe.

• 2 weeks later...