occies

JLake

Hahah yeah that males a stud. As far as golds go hes the man. Are you going to try to save some? I will prolly be interested in some! That couple will continue breeding for years to come. I'm glad they are in a good home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahah yeah that males a stud. As far as golds go hes the man. Are you going to try to save some? I will prolly be interested in some! That couple will continue breeding for years to come. I'm glad they are in a good home.

Okay, well I have a bunch of free swimmers, maybe about 20 or so that I can tell. I noticed them today finally and I don't know when would be best to take them out. Any ideas on what I should do? I would love to keep them. I know I'll grab a 10 gallon tank and just moved the tank water over to that tank then maybe do the "pail, grill" maneuver to remove the female, then keep the fry inside of the 10 gallon and feed them bbs or crushed flake. They're getting pretty adventurous to say the least haha. Anyway, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Garrett

Edited by garreTT

i usually chase the babies into a shell while scaring mom away, if mom goes in shell too i just start again. I lure her out with her fav food on the opposite side of tank when she starts to leave i block her access back to her shell and all the babies should swim into shell. siphoning them out also works really well. I would take them out fast before the other fish gobble them up. Ive even had a cyp eat a ocellatus fry before

i find gold occie fry tend to be very prone to exploring, perhaps something to do with their aggressiveness. The first day i notice the babies out of the shell, I usually also notice them in the farthest corner of the tanks as well. They swim right into other fishes mouths if you have any in there.