occies

JLake

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mom moved out of her shell with the eggs and or babies in it and buried it last night. Before i went to work this morning I looked and both her and dad buried their shells! There are no babies anywhere to be seen!I think there has been homicides. Disaster im very sad about this situation. What might have happened? next time im yanking the fry before hand.

yes burying them is totally normal but leaving the opening alone. Mom buried hers with a purpose, i think she hired concrete contractors to seal it up. My girlfriend found 3 babies hiding in various unusual spots. She thinks its mom eating them bc dad is pretty furious with her, and dad was patrolling the various spots the babies were to protect them. He has ample time and opportunity to eat the babies but wont so he is ruled out. He is definitely a good dad. If i take the babies out and reintroduce them back to parents a lil later when they grow up, will they be accepted? Its sure not like breeding multis who do everything themselves so well.

I would think that there's a high probability that the male babies will not be accepted later on if re-introduced, i've heard that many fish actually will go ahead and eat the males to eliminate potential competition, I don't pay that much careful attention to see whether that is true or not...and you're right, Multies do a wonderful job! Maybe with more experience, the mom will become better at her 'job'. :boxed:

This tank has been turned upside down. In 24 hours everything changed. I think only 2 babies were eaten and or killed. Dad has buried every shell he can find and seems pissed that I took the rest of his babies away. Dad is beating mom pretty badly she is cowering in a pile of stones. These fish have tempers. Here's a realistic ocie quote "If all the sharks in the oceans acted liked gold ocellatus there would only be empty beaches". He has bitten me like 5 times since I've been home from work.

Things aren't looking good in the ocellatus tank. Mom is not allowed to have a shell. I don't know how long she can hold on. Dad attacks her every 10 mins or so. This is a family that really fell apart. Babies are fine in the breeding net away from all the domestic violence.