how was the CAS auction?

JLake

I had to fight like crazy for some Calvus...and they were having a difficult time in their container, but they're still alive and acclimating right now...they're cool though.

I have to say that I thought a lot of fish went for a lot, and then some awesome fish went for next to nothing...which I suppose is normal at the auction.

I can't think of a more fun way to spend a day!! There's always something different in each auction and hopefully something for everyone. Wingin it, those calvus caught my eye too but have no experience or space for them. Must say that I'm glad Werner did not follow through on her threats to use spawning mops as pasties!! We'll use them when we're soliciting sponsors in the fall. Wanted to say thanks to our sponsors and volunteers too!!

Sounds like a great time was had. I always buy fish im unfamiliar with at auctions, haha it accelerates my learning curve. I will make the drive for the next Calgary auction without a doubt.

It was a great auction a first for me but I did manage to leave with the last Tiger Lotus a gorgeous specimen - Thank-you to the previous owner for this one. A few other plants - thank-you Shane. a few half-moon bettas (look like super deltas-happy either way) Thank-you Wingin' it.

Looking forward to the fall auction.

It was a great auction a first for me but I did manage to leave with the last Tiger Lotus a gorgeous specimen - Thank-you to the previous owner for this one. A few other plants - thank-you Shane. a few half-moon bettas (look like super deltas-happy either way) Thank-you Wingin' it.

Did you try for any of teh cories or other like catfish?

The Tiger Lotus was mine ;) They grow happy in the 28 Gallon you and I traded for! and I also thought that the Halfmoons looked more like Super Deltas, but I am no expert in that field so I just named them what they were sold to me as. :(

TDawg - I did try for all of the Cory's but know what I can get some of the varieties for privately so didn't want to break the bank on them. I still am looking for Cory's though. Love the little guys.

Wingin' It - I am still happy with the boys they are great color and I have some girls that have similar coloring.

I am jealouse as well but I am sure I would have spent money I don't have and types of fish I would need to get a whole new tank to hold safely .... I get into enuff trouble right from home ...LOL. I would love to hear wayyyyy more on this subject ???? I have never been to an auction for fish, could people share there personal fellings and sights and sounds of the auction so we can be jealouse even more. I am curiouse about what fish went for what prices etc .... were there any great deals to be had in fish or in equipment ? I am safer dreaming at a distance. Come on guys .... spill your guts ....LOL :rofl:

How was the auction? Is anyone home yet? What types of fish were up? Im jealous I never went.

Well...the parking lot was completely full! Hardly a parking space to be had! At the beginning of the auction there were soooo many people! 10 tables lined two walls, completely full of fish and fish stuff! Of course there are people lining the tables looking and at all the fish (and stuff) and marking down on their pads of paper what they want or think that they might bid on. This time the bidding started off slowly, but quickly gained speed and people began spending money, lots of it!

There were many angels, some double black, some chocolate, some koi, some half black...lots of cichlids, some catfish, some guppies and endlers. There were several tanks, some filters, balasts, lighting, driftwood and rocks.

As time went on, the attendees began to thin out and towards the end prices began to drop. The end of the auction came to a close with only little more than a handfull of people left.

Prices on the angels were well below LFS prices, but still were quite healthy (IMO) while many of the cichlids went for less than what many of them should have. Tank prices were varied, and the equipment was well priced. Some of the aquarium deco stuff went for a LOT more than I had expected it would. Plants were another big seller this auction...one monster sword plant in particular went for $60! I hope it went to a really big tank! It was super healthy! All types of vals went for very healthy amounts and anything remotely 'rare' went for a lot!

There were some gorgeous killifish there that went for quite a bit, I really wanted some, but wasn't willing to shell out the dough. I think almost all of them went for more than $20. Apparently i'm not keeping the "right" fish! LOL

LadyBlue, you are much safer staying away from the auction! LOL...i had excess self control yesterday!