Where and How do I Go About tradeing fish back to LFS

LadyBlue

I am so lost {again} I am switching most of my tanks over to Shellies and there friends and trying to have some live plants. I hear about tradeing back to LFS but I don't know which ones or how to go about doing this? I have 3 Powder Blue Dwarf Goramis.....3 Fire {red} Dwarf Goramis ....... 5 Sherpa Tetra .... {these all live together and friendly with each other in a 30 Gallon Tank at my house} {The Dwarfs are all male} I also have 10 Platties and 5 Halequins ..... Sorry about spelling and unofficial names ..... I need to trade these to make room for my future Shellie Family. I have no idea what to charge so its fair to the buyer.... any and all advise will be greatly appreciated...... for the record Im more than willing to trade and deliver to Edmonton area. Any suggestions and ideas of where I should do this at I thank-you in advance. ....Linda....

You'll probably get more from selling 'em at the upcoming auction. Though if you don't want to wait that long you can do a couple of things.

1. Call up your LFS and tell them what you have and see if they'll take them for store credit

2. You can bag up the fish and show up at their store and say, "I'm lookin' to trade these in!" :smokey: You're not likely to get anywhere near what you paid, but at least they won't be in your tanks anymore.

Some stores trade in, some won't, some will only trade to certain people. It is best to call beforehand to be sure they have room. When you trade in, you get next to nothing usually, but if you are like some people with aquatic rabbits it adds up.

Or you could sell them in the buy and sell section on this forum and probably get more.

I am so lost {again} I am switching most of my tanks over to Shellies and there friends and trying to have some live plants. I hear about tradeing back to LFS but I don't know which ones or how to go about doing this? I have 3 Powder Blue Dwarf Goramis.....3 Fire {red} Dwarf Goramis ....... 5 Sherpa Tetra .... {these all live together and friendly with each other in a 30 Gallon Tank at my house} {The Dwarfs are all male} I also have 10 Platties and 5 Halequins ..... Sorry about spelling and unofficial names ..... I need to trade these to make room for my future Shellie Family. I have no idea what to charge so its fair to the buyer.... any and all advise will be greatly appreciated...... for the record Im more than willing to trade and deliver to Edmonton area. Any suggestions and ideas of where I should do this at I thank-you in advance. ....Linda....

If you are a member of ACE contact Michael(<mituan@hotmail.com>) tell them you would like several lots for the upcoming auction you can bag them bring them along and your done. And let the bidding begin. Short of that usually it involves grauveling if a LFS will take them or having people parade through your house to sell them. First option is easiest and best

R

2. You can bag up the fish and show up at their store and say, "I'm lookin' to trade these in!" :smokey: You're not likely to get anywhere near what you paid, but at least they won't be in your tanks anymore.

Do this ONLY as a final and last resort. I've seen too many idiots who try this, and only besmirch the reputations of all aquarists. I really think that the advice to wait for the ACE auction is your best option, that is if you're a member. If not contact Michael and try to make some arrangements in regards to membership.

There are very few LFS that take in Fish and give you money, Big al's and PJs will gladly take you fish and sell them for regular price. If you want to sell the I would try and call Natures Corner or Aquarium Illusions, I beleave they pay for fish.

Now from what i understand you have a happy family of fish that go well in a 30 gallon tank...

Here are some options in order of what i think would be a good idea to do first.

1. Sell them or get them into the ACE auction as stated above.

2. Call some LFS and see if they have room and wouldn`t mind buying your fish at a decent price(they do need to make money to pay for houseing the fish while they wait for the sale)

3. Drop them off at a LFS that will take them for free.

I think that is all the options. I doubt you`ll find a straight trade but who knows. As for wanting a planted tank and shell dewellers at the same time well you can try but from what i`ve heard and seen they LOVE to dig and redecorate so plants might not stay planted for long allthough i could be very wrong as i don`t have plants in with my one shell dweller. Now if you mean Shellies as in something other than shell dwellers then i have no clue so good luck.

Happy St. Patricks` day

L

shellies will disturb plants if their shells are within a few inches of the plant, keep the shells a few inches from the base of plants and you will be fine. The real problem my shellies cause with plants is kicking and disturbing so much sand it settles on the leaves and reduces photsyn. i have 30 plus shellies, 6 diffrent kinds, and all of their tanks are planted and i think they only uprooted one lil plant. Just dont drop their shells at the base of plants and uyou will be fine. Mind you a heavily planted tank leaves lil groundspace for the shells.

yeah i agree ace auction is the way to go or trade with members on our aa buy n sell.

Edited by JLake