New Life Spectrum Mega Fish Formula

My loaches, my 10" ray and my plecos all eat it. It stays hard in the water for a very long time if left uneaten. My smaller rays let it sit for almost a day before they'll eat it. My arowanas won't eat it. Its a very hard pellet.

My loaches, my 10" ray and my plecos all eat it. It stays hard in the water for a very long time if left uneaten. My smaller rays let it sit for almost a day before they'll eat it. My arowanas won't eat it. Its a very hard pellet.

Hi

The guys at big Als introduced me to this product. Its a little expensive $40.(if my rays refuse to eat it). I have a pair of 7-8" Leo/BD. Do you thinks these pellets are suitable for my rays. I only have them for a week. And they are eating prawns right now. Thanks for yur respond.

Do a search on the site regarding NLS Mega Fish formula - try the Vendor Forum specifically - and you'll find an extensive thread on this formula. You may find a better price at one of our sponsors, as well - try Nature's Corner.

I have some and so far my red tail giant gourami, siamese datnoid, exCichlasoma bocourti, and L253 do eat it. I think I've got my blue texas and nicuagarensis eating but I haven't seen my Sorubum limas eat it yet.

My snails and pleccos LOVE THEM. The plecco is able to get it and chew on it like it would bogwood and shortly thereafter it's gone. The snails on the other hand get them durring the daytime when the plecco doesn't come out and they swarm the one pellet or two and all that you see is a huge clump of snails. I know the plecco gets his at night because i check back a few minutes later and there is no snail dog pile and no more pellet either. Wafers are good too but since my plecco is not so much a herbavore than an omnivore this pellet is a godsend.

The other thing i found is that if you need to over feed to be sure the slower fish in the tank get food then some of those slower or smaller fish seem to take the time to eat the pellets one bite at a time. If you feed at the same time the more dominant fish take a few test bites and then leave it alone. This is in my very mixed african tank.

This food really filled a small gap that the NLS brand was missing.

Thank you Neil for bringing it to my attention and bringing NLS here.

Good Luck

L

P.S. NLS is much less expensive at Natures Corner Store usually and it's only a hop skip and a jump from Big Al's

My snails and pleccos LOVE THEM. The plecco is able to get it and chew on it like it would bogwood and shortly thereafter it's gone. The snails on the other hand get them durring the daytime when the plecco doesn't come out and they swarm the one pellet or two and all that you see is a huge clump of snails. I know the plecco gets his at night because i check back a few minutes later and there is no snail dog pile and no more pellet either. Wafers are good too but since my plecco is not so much a herbavore than an omnivore this pellet is a godsend.

The other thing i found is that if you need to over feed to be sure the slower fish in the tank get food then some of those slower or smaller fish seem to take the time to eat the pellets one bite at a time. If you feed at the same time the more dominant fish take a few test bites and then leave it alone. This is in my very mixed african tank.

This food really filled a small gap that the NLS brand was missing.

Thank you Neil for bringing it to my attention and bringing NLS here.

Good Luck

L

P.S. NLS is much less expensive at Natures Corner Store usually and it's only a hop skip and a jump from Big Al's

You didnt even touch this guys question. He was simply asking if his ray's would eat it, not if your pleco's and snails would.

Rays can sometimes be finicky eaters, what I would try and do is stave them for a couple days and then soak the new Mega Fish Formula is prawn juice to get them interested. There are many variables you could try, as every fish is an individual. Best of luck to you.