Substrate for my Tang tank

salon_1928

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice - I'm about a week away from putting stuff in my tank and I'm looking for some substrate recommendations. I've looked at a quite a few and I'm partial to some of the CaribSea products. I like the salt and pepper look with quite a bit of pepper. Online I've found some that are specifically branded for Cichlid tanks, however, the ones that I've found at my LFS's look like they're intended for salt water tanks. Can I use those? A course sand is the appearance that I like but I'm not sure if that's best. My stocking plan so far: Cyps, Julies and Shellies. Tank is approx. 70 gallons.

Cheers and thanks,

Stu

I Have Some CaribSea Aragonite Mixed With black Tahitian If Yer In Edmonton Anytime Soon . You Call It Salt And Pepper I Call It Oreo ..... Its Not Enough To Cover 70 Gallons But Its A Good Start ... In A 70 It Might Cover 1"

Blake

Thanks Blake - I'm definately leaning towards mixing to get the look I want. Chances are I won't be up in Edmonton over the next couple of weeks but if I am I'll keep you in mind.

Stu

I had a mix of 66% black and 33% Play Sand - I really like that look.