what type of pleco is this

JLake

Its like the much sought after zebra in color but it has a diffrent look, I wonder if Harold knows if its a L173 or not. I want one but im sure its out of my price range for fish.

Edited by JLake

It's not a L 173 or a L 043 But maybe like someone suggested in the comments... A very very expensive cross between a King Tiger Plecco and a Zebra. I have no idea what that would look like but one thing i have to say is that i really really really want one more than even a zebra plecco aka It's PRETTIER.

Congrats on a really cool fish :drool:

L :thumbs:

It is not a hyprancistrus. So L173, L46, and those are out of the question. It is a Leporacanthicus type so it is like the L91 three beacon and the L240 vampire. This fish was thought to be a Venezuelan species.

So charles haveyou or can you get your hands on this fish? It would be great!I will search the L91 L240 right now.

They are the same type like L91 and L240; not the same fish. Look at the body and the mouth shape. You will find this fish is exactly like the Leporacanthicus type.

I don't think I can get any. Most exotic plecos are almost always in Eurpoe and Asia market before they reach to North America.

• 2 weeks later...