any lfs hiring in Edmonton?

hey all, i think i'm looking for a career change in the near future (translation: getting sick n tired of huffy office atmosphere, lol), and got to thinking that working in one of the local lfs would suit me well. does anyone know of any stores south of the river in Edmonton that are hiring right now?

I know the owner of the PET store here in leduc....a bit of a drive, but he is really looking for a GOOD full time staff member to run his store for him as he is busy in his other store in camrose....pm me if you are interested!

Just a thought on that. Before making a flat out career change, you might want to try working a couple of weekends in a fish store. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. boxed.gif

Then, once you have tried it for a month or so, decide which you prefer.

I would set resumes to PJs, Petland, Petsmart and Big Als. These companies are probably the only ones that could pay you a relatively decent wage.

If you're educated in the hobby big als won't hire you.

What do you mean won't hire Her? She is well respected for your betta knowlege at least and I'm sure that comes with years of freshwater experience so why wouldn't they hire her????

I live on the north end so i don't really know but when applying to various fish stores be sure to check to see if you are dealing with things other than fish that might put you off(I wanted petsmart when i first started but the crickets, birds, mice and now snakes put me off.)

Good advice before.. Try BEFORE You Buy and get the job before you quit. but i'm sure you allready know that.

Good luck

L

Edited by Ishkabod

I would set resumes to PJs, Petland, Petsmart and Big Als. These companies are probably the only ones that could pay you a relatively decent wage.

If you're educated in the hobby big als won't hire you.

There is a distinct yet subtle difference between a hobbiest and professional aquarist. A long long time ago in a land far far away called Toronto, Big Als was created by a man named Allan Soul. He quicly learned that if he wanted to stay in business he couldn't hire the hobbiest, because they were a liability and a conflict of intrest to making his dream come true.

It turns out hobbiest tell customers what not to buy from the store they work in and professional aquarist tell customers what to buy in the store they work in, but its the professional aquarist that is a hobbiests that truly excels in a Big Als type environment, as they masterfully bring the best of both worlds into one place.