Help fish dyeing

vantgE

I just had an emergency post yesterday too but...

Story

I placed my female maylandia lombardoi (kennyi mbuna) back in the main tank yesterday, she had just bred and I ended up loseing most of the fry think she ate them left her in with em too long, but I placed her back in the new tank and everything seemed fine. There was the normal fighting a little with the larger female, and a little with the two males, and a couple territorial disputes, just like last time she was reintroduced, This morning things were a lttle different caught her breeding with the other male not her usual mate(for some reason the lombardoi had actually seemed to pair for a little), and when I came home from school couln't find her. Gave her some time a couple hours fed the fish to coax her out and she didn't come so I tore the tank apart looking for her which is alot more work then you'd think. Find her lieing upside down in a tiny crevice, and pretty mch thought she was dead, but then caught a small sign of life and for half an hour tried to get her out of the crevice

Emergency Info

she is upside down in the ten gallon tank shredded fins, slight movements (rare fiveminutesish), and sliight gill movement anything I can do, definately one of my favourite fish I need to know what I can do to save her. I have added salt but anythingelse is apreciated

please help

thankyou

I agree with Valerie, and feel bad for you, I just had my male daffodil completely annihilate his little female just because I put more gravel in the tank so they could dig. I have never seen a little fish so torn up and still be alive. I culled her because I couldn't stand to see her upside down after 24 hours and only moving when you touched her. I hope things work out for you.

Alright thanks, I'm going to give her alot of time theres not much current in the tank and it should be familiar to her so shes in a good place, I don't want to euthanize for a while I almost did to a goldfish sunday and left it another couple hours it was swimming around as if nothing had happen though I would of sworn it's swimm bladder was killed

She has just developed what seems to be some sort of fungus, but it is different then in most pictures instead of a large white fuzzy spots, it seems discolored and fuzzy on over half it's body, If i were to gues I'd say fungus but then it is very different, I need an ID and some treatment Info please

I would probably try malafix or pimafix if you are seeing fungus. I dont' think you would want to be using chemical medications if your fish is in as bad shape as you described, might be too much for it to handle.

But i am far from a expert on fungus so maybe someone else can chime in.

Fish TB is not the same as Flex.

I had an SAE with Flex once... moved it to a QT tank, dropped temp to 72-74 used Maracyn and Maracyn 2 in combo. Took about 2 weeks for him to recover but he did! His mouth still looks a little funny from scarring when it got so gnarly but Flex is usually fatal so that's not bad. :)

HTH

Bacterial External Infections

Columnaris (specific to F. columnaris); Often Misnamed "Mouth Fungus"

Fish Tuberculosis/TB Skin Infection (specific to Mycobacterium spp.)

Yeah this was quoted on the website in hosstiles link that's where I got it from but have figured it is called mostly columnaris, I put marcyn in today and will pick up marcyn two tommorow, just wasn't sure if I could mix them before when I first went to the store

Thankyou all very much, the link is very good hosstile

She also moved about half a foot though still on her side despite the new problem flexibacter she is definately looking better