2200 gal ray tank vid

skynoch

Thanks guys. The water is actually very clear but I had just finished feeding and the front window is dirty which is the main problem. I change around 400 gallons a day of water through a drip system which consists of one 1 micron sediment filter and then 2 5 micron charcoal filters.

I've been looking at putting in some sand but am still playing around with the intakes and outputs postioning. With the rays I have they can kick the sand up pretty high so looking at different options there.

You almost need a sand sump. I don't know if such a thing exist, but when the sand enters into the intakes it goes down directly into a collecting sump that can easily be switch off with valves and then removed for cleaning out periodically.

I orginally was going to put in a setteling area before my pumps but decided against it due to space requirements and I didn't really think it would be necessary. I think I can just keep my intakes near the top and the flagtail and barbs will keep the small food particles of the bottom and the rays should stir up the rest into the intakes, just got to make sure my sand is heavy enough

That is just Sick Scott, sooo Sick, The rays are sooo PHAT. Now where are the leos and hens?

The castexi is getting massive and is pretty close to giving birth. I think all the other females except one are pregnant in there also. The leos are in another tank dur to them being little pricks and biting the other rays. My male henlie is in the big tank and should be a daddy in a few months and my female henlie is still to small for the open waters.

That XINGU is phenominal.. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ya I was kinda focusing on the xingu to see if anyone else noticed that I may have got lucky and actually got one that will turn a white with black background. There is only one I know of now that has turned out that way so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Now I just need a male for her.