what kind of fry am i?

vince0

Hello AA people!

My 33 gallon tank has been very active over the summer, I think this is in part due to the many storms we had over the summer. I'd usually complain, but thanks to the changes in barometric pressure, my fish starting spawning like crazy. Considering this is a community tank, i felt very lucky to experience the great variety of species all spawning together. Only problem with so many species spawning, is figuring out what kind of fry i got! So heres some pics of these mystery fry i have. My roomate and I have been debating it over the last few weeks, she reallty wants them to be gardneri killi fry, but i have a feeling they are swordtail fry. So i guess ill let the "experts" decide... whcih would be you guys lol.

P1020053.jpg

P1020050.jpg

and of course a mandatory full tank shot. I had problems with black beard algea, blue green algea and green spot algea in this tank. Well im down to just having minor green spot algea so i consider myself pretty lucky, although i had to butcher a lot of plants to get rid of the last bits of it. So keep in mind the plants were all recently trimmed and don't judge me too hard, the tank doesn't look as good as it did a while ago. Im thinking i might have to start adding ferts, although i don't know what i should add.

P1020055.jpg

BONUS!!!!

As promised, here are some bonus pics!

First off we have my American Flagfish fry! I have to say, these fish grow very slowly, i fed them a steady diet of freshly hatched brine shrimp, immunition growth food, microworms and nls growth food and they are still only a quarter inch. So i figured i'd let them free in the tank and let the dumb ones/slow ones get eaten. I had sooo many of them and I only wanted a few. There still seems to be quite a few, but they are very good at hiding. Anywho, enough rambling out of me and heres the pic.

P1020052.jpg

I also managed to grab pics of my new n. brevis fry and i have to say they are hard to spot at under 1/8". I was lucky tonight though as two of them were right up near the front glass, making the photo opp very easy.

P1020020.jpg

P1020022.jpg

Here is the 10G species tank they are kept in.

P1020041.jpg

And finally, I came home today to my angelfish having laid quite a large spawn in plain sight, as if they wanted to show off their spawning abilities, since the sterbai cories put on a two day show last week. Maybe the angels figured it was their turn.

P1020043.jpg

and a picture of the pair

P1020044.jpg

Heres a tank shot of the 55G community tank they are kept in.

P1020042.jpg

Well thanks for reading/watching and let me know what you think!

Thanks

Edited by vince0

Yeah, as soon as I saw it I thought, "That looks like a baby swordtail." Before even reading that swordtail was a probability.

It looks like a sword to me. I really like the ram/rasbora tank and the tall plant to the right of the aquaclear is awesome! What is it?

Pogostemon stellatus is that plant in the middle to the right of the aquaclear

Would you know where a guy could get his hands on a few stems of it?