Who brought hybrids to the CAS Auction?

Wackinator

No lol I think we might be talking about the same fish because I do remember you were the runner for something I bought and I only bought 2 things, this fish and 3 koi angels.

It was 2 bags tied together if that helps? I noticed it had a little yellow in it for the first time when I first picked up the bag at the auction, the yellow became darker, and more noticeable even in the bag when I was floating it in my tank.

Still can't understand why no one wanted this beautiful fish

yeah I guessed stress was a factor when colors started changing at home, like I said earlier there was a small amount of yellow but the older fry all had yellow on their fins too.

LOL yeah shrimps prolly would be gone in 10 mins as I am sure the fry that were in the other bag could take some down themselves.

Edited by Wackinator

It does look like an elongatus-type. The coloring isn't familiar to me - it has a similar coloration to Labidochromis perlmutt.

It is possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is. If it is a Pseudotropheus, the likelyhood of spawning with a Labidochromis isn't great. If your Yellows have males & females, they will probably not bother with your new fish.

To me it looks like a very nice Labidochromis Perlmutt. When stressed they tend to get a darker slate grey hue to them, and the barring also becomes more pronounced. Also, if fed NLS, the mother of pearl colour tends to have more of a bluish sheen to it.

Edited by k9outfit

To me it looks like a very nice Labidochromis Perlmutt. When stressed they tend to get a darker slate grey hue to them, and the barring also becomes more pronounced. Also, if fed NLS, the mother of pearl colour tends to have more of a bluish sheen to it.

It does kind of look like a L. perlmutt. Usually the females have darker barring, especially when stressed but i've had some females with light bars and a more pearly "male" appearance.

Ah damn :( I really want my electric yellows and rusties to breed, everyone says that they are like rabbits yet my rabbits have bred three times and I am still waiting on the electric yellows lol

I'll have to figure something else out >.> but yeah she is a great looking fish :)