Pleco caves?

Jayba

In addition to those mentioned above, I've also built caves by siliconing tile into a cave - it's my biggest BN Pleco's favorite breeding cave.

Heather Edwards, a potter in Bon Accord (google her) hand threw me some tubes that I use as caves. They are about 8 inches long and 1 1/2 wide at the mouth, tapered to a closed end. The inside is smooth but we ran a wood-grain design randomly on the outside and used iron oxide glaze (food safe so fish safe) only on the design. The rest of the exterior is plain and smooth. It was just to break up the tube visually (almost like very shallow fork tines swirled across the surface). Our Queen Arabesque like them. I have not used them in the BN tank as I have other caves in it. You could contact her or a local potter.

Theresa

you could make your own from clay. would be a fun project for you and your kiddo!

After seeing what the kids can do to a room just with play dough, (my little boy is a whirlwind) doing it with clay would be quite fun, and really really messy. It would be a good out on the deck project though!

On second thought, maybe I should make some after they go to sleep this weekend. I will also look for a coconut at the grocery store today, the kids would get a kick outta that!lol