November ACE meeting

Meeting is tomorrow! Looking forward to learning about Pico tanks!

ACE Meeting

When: Tuesday Nov 02, 2010 @ 7:30 PM

(Regular meetings on the first Tuesday of each month, September to June)

Where: St Benedict Catholic Elementary School

18015 93 Avenue (2 blocks west of WEM)

Edmonton, Alberta

Please enter through the west doors, remove wet and dirty footwear in the foyer, then enter directly into the library. The parking lot is a bit small, but there is plenty of street parking in the area. Regular club meetings will now be held in this location.

Topic: Pico Aquaria - Sarah Cassady

Just wanted to say thank you to Sara for a really neat presentation on Pico tanks last night. :thumbs: It was really cool to see the tanks you brought as examples. They were "ridiculously" awesome! :bow: Now i'm excited to try making my own for next month's contest.

I think everybody was very impressed and excited!

Wowee i finally fell asleep lastnight with visions of pico tank ideas dancing in my head LITERALLY. THANK YOU sooo much for everything Sarah your presentation was absolutely inspireing. I was soo inspired i have my tank built allready.

Thanks again

L

Val: As ridiculous as I made pico tanks out to be, I really am interested to hear any 'aftermath' stories if anyone experiments with maintaining their pico tanks beyond the December meeting! This is a form of aquascaping that involves the scale of resources that allows anyone, on any budget, to create complex and detailed aquascapes and at the same time does not require large ongoing commitments. It is also something very new and explored to only a very small degree, so I see this as almost a test case for the concept. I am truly excited by the response to project and am really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries - learning new things that I'd not imagined!

syno321: I have some lovely baby anubias plantlets I'd be happy sell you :guns:

Ishkabod: Wow! How did the tank turn out? Glad we had a couple sets of glass left over so you and another member could sneak under the wire and participate in the contest :thumbs:

I picked up a set of tweezers with a fine tapered tip for about $5 from Bedrock Supply (they have a large selection - I think mostly for manipulating gems or beads or other tiny things). The set I got was not especially long in length, but the pointed tip really helps with fine substrates.

• 4 weeks later...