Cas Speaker Weekend And Auction April 2 And 3

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start getting your entries ready for the jar show. I'm playing Anthony Robbins tapes and walking past the tanks whispering "best in show, know it, believe it".... And we do have the juniors class and I think VinceO is eligible for that one. Hope to see you all on Saturday with money in hand for the rainbow fish egg kits. Saw some of the fry from Edmonton and there's at least 40 so far. Hmmm 40 F1 fish for twenty five dollars, what a deal!!

Spencer Jack and I believe, Aquaflora are confirmed.

I remember Spencer's dad, Billy. He could kick like a mule, he was tough for such a little guy. I once saw him knock out a fellow that was 6 foot four by smacking him in the jaw with the side of his foot. :beer:

And there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it! HAHA! Sorry Gary. It just finally clicked today what you were on about.

Billy Jack: ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

As far as I know, he's offering a deal on shipping after the weekend and he won't be around for the auction. So come on Saturday and talk to him then. As well, Spencer and Gary will be judging the jar show and please label your entries with your membership number and the latin and common name. There is cash prizes and even more important, bragging rights :boxer:

Where are the classes for the jar show posted at?

I remember.. .catfish. killies. some kind of swamprat fish that no one has any interest in -bettas? . I also remember Juniors, but might be mssing a few?

Contemplating putting my red dot, red shoulder, something like that, Severum in. Just tyring to figure out the logistics of it. Will need to get him an air supply, minimum 10 gallon tank.. .hmm. even a few hours in a 10 gallon tank I am a bit uneasy about... Have to think about this some more.

Anyway, can you give a bit of a run down on that AM? max tank size, all that good stuff, or just a link to where I can review it would be great.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by DanGofCalgary

Jar show rules are pretty easy, fish in a jar with a flat side that it's comfortable other than the nano planted class. Will post the classes later. Prizes are fifteen dollars, ten dollars and five dollars per class and a plaque to best in show.Setup is from 9:30- 11:00am Saturday and members only.Jar show chairperson has the option to disqualify fish like DanG's if she feels so inclined. Should be a super fun weekend!!

Classes for the jar show include:

Killifish

Livebearers

Bettas and other Anabantoids

Cichlids

Catfish

All Other Varieties of Egglayers

Junior Fishkeepers

Nano Planted Tanks

It's pretty casual- just bring any fish that you have owned for >30 days in an appropriately sized tank/container* (1 side must be flat for viewing). Tanks over 10gal must have their own stand. Fish entered by junior fishkeepers are also eligible in the other categories. The nano planted tanks should be 5 gal and under, and may be any shape.

*Electrical hookups will not be available for lights, heaters, etc. You may want to bring a battery powered air pump.

Yeah, the 'Cichlids' category got missed in some of the posters and ads. Probably just a typo. But maybe... a nefarious insider plot to sweep the category when there are no other entrants (Duhn duhn duhn!) <--- nefarious plot sound effects

Better bring that angelfish.