Chat Room

We (may) have access to an integrated chat room on the forum... maybe. I have enabled the system (note the Chat at the top of the page) but there is currently an issue with it and I have had to take it offline until it can be resolved. I have a ticket in with the support people, and if it can be resolved I'll open the room on a very, very, very tenuous trial basis.

Facebook now offers a live chat option with the groups pages, i have one running with a page that a group of my old pr'ing friends had.. its a typical streaming chat and its totally through FB. so, you would require facebook to be open though but its the same thing. thats an option :)

The integrated chat system on the forum will not be installed at this time. There is a 'functional detail' I am sorting out and once that is resolved I'll open the room on a trial basis.

people are old enough to have respect for each other .

In a perfect world you'd think that but we've had to deal with lots of flame wars and issues over the years on this site, so we aren't exactly excited when one more thing that needs to be monitored comes along. When it comes to the internet people seem to loose their common sense and post stupid things they wouldn't normally say in person.

just a curious question who owns this site . or the main admin . just curious. would like to say love the site

Jay(Nandopsis) created the site but now its mostly run by Tanker and Sam chicklets, with a little help from the mod team :P

• 11 months later...

The integrated chat system on the forum will not be installed at this time. There is a 'functional detail' I am sorting out and once that is resolved I'll open the room on a trial basis.

anything new on this?

depending on versions installed http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2285-shoutbox-31/ is nice