Heya :) Goldie lover in Edmonton

Krystle

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I was introduced to this forum, always nice to meet fellow enthusiasts :) I'm one of the rarer hobbyists in Edmonton, not keeping cichlids or saltwater but Fancy Goldfish. I am one of the moderators at www.GoldfishParadise.com, so if any of you frequent that site (#1 GF site on the web B)) you may know me from there. Currently I have a 48 gallon planted tank that is home to Princess my 8 inch Ryukin and Harriet the female ancistrus. I also have a 20 gallon which is home to Ariel my red and white Crown Pearlie :) Anywho, here are some pics so you can get to know my fishies better :P

Here's Ariel! Please excuse the ugly tank, she was in my Quarantine tank at the time.

Ariel_and_Princess_March_2005_042.jpg

Princess:

Ariel_and_Princess_March_2005_077.jpg

48 gallon planted tank:

IMG_0511.jpg

Anyways, I look forward to posting on this forum and getting to know you all better!

thanks for the welcome guys!

Goldylove :lol: I love it! My first fish were fancy guppies (wasn't everyones? lol) Hence the user name.

I wish I could have a pond! We live in a townhouse, and I was really considering just buying a rubbermaid stock tank or large rubbermaid and having a few "outdoor goldies" but alas, the room mates weren't too fond of the idea :rolleyes: So that was that.

oooOOoO Where did you get your ranchus? I almost never see decent quality ranchus in Edmonton, so if you have a source, fill me in! I've always been more drawn to the "graceful" goldies like ryukins, veils etc, but ranchus have a certain appeal, that's for sure :)

Oh, and yep, lucky bamboo grows just fine immersed. I find it's doing much better in my aquarium than it did out of it :D