Fluval 204

rahim101

Try sucking on the outflow spout. No seriously. I cleaned the tubing on my Fluval 404 and could not get that little pump to prime it so I took a pull on it and BINGO I was spitting out tank water. LOL.

When I have trouble with my 304 I poor water down the INput tube until the tube fills up, then I put my thumb over it and lower it back into the water. That way the canister is full of water and there's no air in the tube causing problems. At least, that's what I'm assuming is happening. Usually before the INput tube fills up I get a little spurt out of the OUTput tube as well.

Well after a suck on the out put hose, the filter is now working hard cleaning my tank.

On a side note, I have now used the Rena XP1 and the Fluval 204 and have the following remarks:

- the rena was so much easier to get started then the Fluval

- I am finding the that the fluval has a better set up for media

- the fluval also seems to have a higher output and moves more water.

- Fluval also seem to be quieter

IN short...as it stands right now, I would recommend the Fluval 204 over the Rena XP1, but be prepared to be frustrated getting the thing going!!!!!