Peninsula Vivarium

GRIMM

Here is my vivarium currently under construction. I met a few people from this forum that suggested I post it here even though it isnt an aquarium, since it is quite complex and big. Im only posting a link to my most recent video, however I have the entire build video documented and explained on youtube. Thanks to anyone here who has supplied me with plants and bits of information, especially whoever suggested thedriftwoodstore.com to me. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0nuRRro698

IMG_6507-4.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I can't wait till your finished, I think I seen your posts on some other site and I was following your videos on YouTube and I totally forgot!!! I'm glad you posting on here to remind me. I know who's brain i'm picking when I build mine!

Dude I can't wait till your finished, I think I seen your posts on some other site and I was following your videos on YouTube and I totally forgot!!! I'm glad you posting on here to remind me. I know who's brain i'm picking when I build mine!

You probably saw it on edmonton reptiles forum. Unfortunately no one appreciates stuff like this on there, so it doesnt get much attention. They love their tupperware! I spend most my time posting all my stuff on dendroboard.com. I think most aquarists would like this though, so thats why I posted here. The final product will look very similar to a high end planted aquarium, similar to Mr Amano's style, but with more colour due to vibrant tropical plants.

thanks for making me feel less satisfied with my tank lol

Haha no problem buddy :P

Awesome man. I can't believe your done already, you were just starting this project when I stoped by your place.

Haha not done quite yet. Actually I got lots more to come. I'll keep posting updates here as I finish up though for everyone. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is where I'm at. I'll let it air out tonight, and start the wet test run tomorrow night. If it passes, I'll start adding my moss mix everywhere and turn the misting system on overdrive.

IMG_6602-2.jpg

IMG_6606-2.jpg

IMG_6631-2.jpg

IMG_6630-2.jpg

IMG_6615-2.jpg

IMG_6623-2.jpg

I cant decide what mood I'm in.,,,

Moonlight-2.jpg

Edited by GRIMM

• 2 weeks later...

That is just tooooooo cool man Just before you mentioned orchids <>in video , I said to wife this would be good for mini orchids and some small carnivorous Plants

Love it , please up soon and maybe a list of the plants and mosses you use.

Thanx

That is just tooooooo cool man Just before you mentioned orchids <>in video , I said to wife this would be good for mini orchids and some small carnivorous Plants

Love it , please up soon and maybe a list of the plants and mosses you use.

Thanx

Thanks bud. Once I finish the planting I'll definitely put together a plant list. I dont even want to think about how long it'll be though haha. I probably have about 20-30 orchids, with at least 7 more to come. I'll be getting 5-10 species of bromeliads. I have at least 5 different types of vines, a few begonias for the floor, 3 types of anubias, 2 types of floating plants....And I could keep going on haha. My small 20 gallon tanks have about 15 different species of plant each, so I got a lot more room to play with in this 150 gallon.

For mosses, as of right now I have...Java, weaping, spike, riccia, christmas, round leaf pellia (almost a moss), and a few type of unidentified tropical mosses from greenhouses and plants. It'll be GREEN when finished.