Spike Moss Hut

ty_s

So when i set up my 75 gallon tank i krazy glued spike moss on to a flower pot that i was using as a cave 2 holes in the pot made with a hammer and some taping then a bit of sanding

I did this when i was waiting for my help to show up to help lift my 75 gallon tank in about 20 min

step 1 talk Tuan in to selling me his last 2 clumps of spike moss at aquarium central, I just let it float for a week or so

step 2 go to store and get krazy glue

step 3 get the pot out of store room scrub off old tank scum

step 4 gather the moss in to a pail then lay out to dry just a bit

step 5 dab glue on to pot and then lay sprigs of moss on the pot you just need to glue one little bit of each string of moss

step 6 swear because you the pot and moss are now one

step 7 remove finger drape the moss over the glue

step 8 keep adding glue and moss remember the moss will FLOAT so work bottom up not top down like i did

step 9 panic when the glue turns white because of the water you will not see it when it grows in

step 10 finish adding moss as you see fit or till you run out

step 11 have a beer and pick the glue off fingers

step 12 have second beer to be safe that the glue is dry remove more glue from fingers

step 13 place in tank and see the job you did

step 14 have beer and admirer your handy work pick off more krazy glue

018-1.jpg019.jpg020-1.jpg021.jpg

022.jpg027.jpg

ABOUT 3 WEEKS LATER PHONE PHOTOS

IMG00109-20110427-1013.jpg

">IMG00106-20110427-1012-2.jpg

Edited by ty_s

lol, nice instructions XD I'll have to try this on a smaller scale for my 10 gallon. When you said you used a hammer and some taping, do you mean you taped an area on the pot and hammered on the taped area? Also, is any crazy glue okay to use? or glue from a glue-gun?

lol, nice instructions XD I'll have to try this on a smaller scale for my 10 gallon. When you said you used a hammer and some taping, do you mean you taped an area on the pot and hammered on the taped area? Also, is any crazy glue okay to use? or glue from a glue-gun?

I cheeped away at the pot to make the holes and slowly made the holes bigger. If you have a Drill you could drill a hole and then just brake away the pot as need be. The pot came from a droller store they brake vary easily so you do not want to hit to hard bangin.gif

Krazy glue and reef glue are the same thing there is a krazy glue out there you can use under water from what i have been told i have not tried it though. I think it is krazy glue gel you might want to research it though.There is this stuff out there reef glue

You can glue the moss to anything you want. I have glued java fern to the spray bar of the pump I use for C02 and to my coconut huts.

A plastic light diffuser would work to make a wall or a tank background

Co2 spray bar from cheep pump i use to brake up the Co2

024.jpg

Edited by 55gallon

as long as the krazy glue says cyanoacrylate, you're good to go!

tank you for the scientific name for krazy glue. if 3 beers will not work for you acetone / girl friends nail polish remover will give you back your finger prints. With out picking at the glue just be done in the tank I think it would mess up your fish

Edited by ty_s

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...