Bap Breeder's Contest

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not actual cash money. Most likely gift certificates to fish stores and possibly merchandise.

So far, the amount pledged by stores and other sponsors is (I believe) in the several hundred to thousand dollar range. There are several prizes for the different categories.

I think Vince has it figured out. Pimp 'em. Spot 'em. Flip 'em. Cate, buy them, get delivery and a free spot. It could also be a ploy to pawn a non breeding pair to a fellow BAP competitor to mess up their program. Hmmm

Damm I'm afraid of pet stores so I never go into them I think it's a phopia of some sort --something to do with not enjoying getting robbed sHa_sarcasticlol.gif

Hmmm still no mention of the monetary rewards on that link

Nope. But there are links to the executive of the club, and an explanation of the requirements. If you're interested you could contact one of them for a further description.

Edit: was rambling.

Edited by DanGofCalgary

I think Vince has it figured out. Pimp 'em. Spot 'em. Flip 'em. Cate, buy them, get delivery and a free spot. It could also be a ploy to pawn a non breeding pair to a fellow BAP competitor to mess up their program. Hmmm

haha! Yah. Vince has the angles figured no doubt!

I breed a fair amount of fish, but I am more focused on completing the next level of CAOAC breeder award - Advanced merit. For me, that means Anabandtoids, tetras and minnows, as I have succesfully spawned everything else I need for that level, including the 4 or 5 target fish required. Sadly, of those three groups only wild bettas really have any interest for me, so I am breeding them just to prove I can I guess....

The wild bettas though, those I really like! I have a spawn of Betta picta going right now.

Edited by DanGofCalgary

Hahahaha...no kidding eh?! Good thing I have 9 tanks running now instead of just 1!!

If anyone has been participating, or is thinking about participating in the BAP contest, I have two proven breeding pairs of Scarlet Kribensis available for sale, and for any CAS member in good standing, I will gladly sell them for a reduced price of $15 per pair (I have them up for sale in the fish section for $20)

Pm me with details.

Thanks

Vince

Wow did this ever get way off topic, sorry Vince, I put your post up so we can all get a reminder how it started, :beer:

Edited by Jayba

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I have an in with the Pres of the CAS, we'll get some definite answers about prizes and standings. So far, it is looking like the contest will run until December to get some more entries. Once the prizes and standings(Burbot, could you help me out with this please???) are firmed up, I will let you know. Wingin It spotted my bettas and mollies today so I'm in the running too. So anyone in the 10 tank and over category, watch out :boxer: the fcg is breeding fish....