Bap Breeder's Contest

That's it I can't resist competition :boxer: where do I get the forms ? :boxer: just remember never bring a knife to a gun fight.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as we start into the final bend, the fishclubgirl kicks it up a notch!! She started very late but the fish have been cooperating... So far, looks like she has 3 spawns that will qualify(angelfish, betta simplex and lyretail mollies). All the livebearers and the bn plecos will have to help with this final "push". :flex:

Damm and I have had a slow week only 7 species spawned -- but I was busy with work, will have to kick it up a couple notches soon.

Wow, 7 species!! You must really know how to breed fish. Which month should I put you down for a mini presentation on one of your breeding projects at the CAS meeting?? We'd love to hear all about it!! :thumbs:

Jorg, that's excellent. I'll tell our program director you're in for January 2012(13th month of 2011,lol). Tanks a bunch for helping out!!

7 species per week? Wow. This is going to be an interesting run. I retract that. I shall continue to submit BAP forms. I'm only spawning specific groups that I have targettted for CAOAC certificates, so you should be able to beat me easily with cichlids and livebearers Jorg!

I'd rather see a talk on Jorg's live food collection. now THAT would be damn interesting.

I'll think that one over but it would have to be in the spring time in any case.

7 species per week? Wow. This is going to be an interesting run. I retract that. I shall continue to submit BAP forms. I'm only spawning specific groups that I have targettted for CAOAC certificates, so you should be able to beat me easily with cichlids and livebearers Jorg!

Well it will slow down soon as I only have X amount of breeders here. I might have to borrow some more from Harold. I stripped a Cyprichromis Leptosoma a few days ago but it only had 6 wigglers does that still count as the rules say 10 fry ?

Well it will slow down soon as I only have X amount of breeders here. I might have to borrow some more from Harold. I stripped a Cyprichromis Leptosoma a few days ago but it only had 6 wigglers does that still count as the rules say 10 fry ?

That would depend on the classifcation of the fish (the point class), and is subject to the discretiion of the BAP chairperson. If that is a mouthbrooding african cichlid, I think they are class A - 5 point fish. (I didn't look it up, just winging this, so correct me if I am wrong). If it is a Class C (15 pts) then they are considered more difficult to spawn and there is some lattitude.

So, on a first blush guess I'd say no, you need to full 10 for the class A's.

If there is some difficulty with the fish, or they normally have very small spawns (like for example the one sided livebearers are typically spawns of 5-15) then you could easily make a case for it. If that fish normally has a spawn of 100, then it would be reasonable to expect at least the 10 for the fulll cycle of 60 days.

I am not the BAP chair, so just giving information from my understanding and my beliefs.

Edit: looked up the fish in question. see my next response

Dan

Edited by DanGofCalgary