In Home Oasis

devocole

This is a 44 gallon corner.

The background is carved out of styrofoam. Painted with grout, then quickcrete to seal. Rock is epoxied onto it. Clay and soil mix smeared for texture. There is tubing plumbed into the background for the canister filter which moves the stream water from left to right. THere is also an external fogger plumbed and hidden in the background. When its on it spreads over the stream water and stays there due to the affinity with the water.

There is a large hide underground with an entrance in the back corner of the tank. I have a heat pad stuck to the outside left wall. With a thermostat for the winter. Right now it is off.

I sealed the water away from the rest with a waterproofing plastic that is siliconed in place.

Right now in the stream are 6 white cloud minnows, which are beside themselves happy as their natural habitat is cool running streams in the mountains of asia.

My plan from the beginning was a rough green tree snake. The humidity is currently too high. I will have to run a computer fan to decrease the stagnant humid air if i continue with this plan. I can foresee many water top ups during the week if this is the case.

Maybe red eye tree frogs.

Thanks

Devon

post-3191-0-91957400-1307940928_thumb.jpg

Edited by devocole

It took 3 days of building. I was in a manic state where i started in the morning when i woke up and ended late at night 3 days in a row. Then tweaking there after.

• 2 weeks later...