Koi pond = cichlids?

dunl

Well, I put one of my venustus in my father-in-law's 1500 gallong koi pond today after slowly acclimatizing it, and lucky me, she's swimming with the koi and goldfish.

I'll check on her tomorrow night and let you know if she made it through the night....it's an unheated pond, and so far so good.

That cameoflage patter works very well....took me and my oldest daughter about 10 minutes to find her.

She's swimming fine, and doing great. :)

Cold. Very damm cold.

I'll try to remember to check it tonight. Let's put it this way......tossing fry from a warm tank into water this cold will usually kill them in a matter of seconds.

63 degrees today. There's only a little bit of sun that actually reaches the pond. Cichlids were really active, darting here and there.

The msobo monster that I picked up from Ryan's friend doesn't need any with all the blubber it carries. The venustus have a good body size, so hopefully they will retain heat, but unless the weather gets worse than it has been this week, they should be okay for the summer.

I don't know if the 5 estherae fry I tossed in will make it, as there was no sign of them today. Plus, when the venustus are able to have a run at it, they pick up incredible speed out of a tank.