Cories

somnio

I'm sure they do. I've read about people having different species school and I've even seen them schooling in stores. As long as they're the same size I don't see why they wouldn't, though they do apparently prefer to be with their own. If I'm wrong, then I'll be sad, cause I had hoped to school 2-3 different species of Cories in my 55 gallon.

Panda's get to be pretty much the same size as Julli's from what I've read. Pepper's might get slightly bigger but still likely under an inch in difference. Do you have sand or gravel? The little whiskers on Cories can wear down with gravel. One of my first Cories lost it's whiskers cause I had gravel, and unfortunately died possibly because it had trouble finding food without it's whiskers. They're much happier now that I changed it to sand, and my male has become even more happy after I got him some girlfriends lol He was shaking with excitement when he met them hehe

Edited by DragonNeko

Lol lucky guy!!!I do have mine on gravel.. I haven't had any issues with there whiskers, and I have had them in there for almost 4 yrs now..I I started out with 3 but one died a few years back.. I thinks its time to add some more!! They are so much fun to watch way more interesting then my synadontis!!! Just need to get my water quality under control and panda's here I come!!!

it's not the gravel that eats away at the barbels in most instances, it's bacterial infection. unless your cories are housed on a 'sharp' substrate such as flourite, their barbels are in no danger from gravel, and i've read of cories being on flourite with no problem too. i've kept 10 various cories on what was mostly pea gravel for quite a while with no issue at all. those 9 cories didn't really school together, but they did hang out now and then. that was 2 albinos, 4 bronze, 1 emerald green, 2 barbatus, and a peppered.

I have Orange Lazer, Melini, Red Lazer and Schultzi corys. The Lazers mix, and the few Schultzi try to keep up w. the Melini.

Cant remember where I got my melini but they were the last three or I would have gotten more. I havent seen any since but if I find any I will probably add another half dozen. I also have a dozen wild caught duplicareus in my other tank that school all the time. They are a bit more skittish but by far my favorites so far. Good thing they have been so healthy since they cost me a pretty penny.

Kinda a silly question will cories school with other species of cories? I'm thinking they will but thought I'd ask...

Different species of Corydora will "shoal" together, corydora of the same species will "school" together. Apparently there's a difference lol. All in all, they will become friends:)

I've had an albino and bronze cory for the past 5 years always together. They originally started in a small pack of a few of each but eventually the others died off leaving just one each. I have them in 3-5mm smooth gravel but never had any of them with issues with their whiskers. They seem to like rooting around in the gravel for bits of food.