Will These Get On?

Hi all,

I want to change the 'inmates' to 1 of my aquariums & I was thinking of having Pantodon Buchholzi ( African Butterfly fish-They look more like Grass hoppers!) with Siames Fighting fish (Betta Splendens) as well as Jordanella Floridae (Ameriacan Flagfish) & Ram (Papiliochromis ramirezi)- Glass fish (Chanda Ranga)

American Flagfish: I understand these can be a little aggresive but some say brackish & others say fresh water! I have 2 Brackish Tanks & 1 freshwater so if I cant put them in 1 I maybe able to put them in the other.

Siamese fighters/Pantondon- will these be ok together?

Any help will be greatless received.

Thanks.

I also have a African Butterfly...had two, but one jumped. My remaining guy lives amoungst at least a dozen female Bettas and one male, lots of neons, ember tetras...etc. (just check out my signature line) So he lives with all sizes and doesn't bother any of them (that i've seen, for all I know he's slowly eating them one by one) lol

• 2 weeks later...

I think in Wingin' it's case the numbers of fish and possibly tank size keep things relatively cool. As you know, African Butterflys are territorial, as well as male Bettas and if the tank is too small there maybe some discrepancy regarding who gets surface space. I could see a butterly taking pot shots at a Betta and a Betta possibly nipping off the extended fin rays of a butterfly.

Edited by Evolution

Thanks.

I have 3 tanks & this one is a corner bow fronted tank, its 2 foot high & 27 inches from front to back.

I know have a Betta which is a lovely Mouve, I will be putting Rams in with it but still not sure if the surface area will be enough, I have moved the internal pump to the bottom of the tank & the inlet pipe from the external pump has been directed so it doesn't disturb the surface area as much.