Need Help With Oscar

SkyGrl

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

he is stillhaving problems staying upright. i think there has to be some permanent damage to his swim bladder. im dosing him with manaplex basically to cover everything. i hope to see improvement within 2 weeks. if he has permanent damage and will never get better i will have to look at other options. it would be seriously hard to find a forever home for an oscar that has to be alone and in a stark bare bottom tank. he used to be a heallthy fish who ruled his tank. i wont give up on him because he is not giving up either. he is a strong fish. if he pulls through it would be a miracle.

does anyone think that clout could help? it the only medicine i havent tried. im always scared to use it. opinions anyone?

Amy

i dosed him with manaplex just to cover my bases. 3 day treatment then i did a w/c let him rest a couple days and i put clout in this morning. he has lots of fight still so i hope he make it through the clout treatment. ill do a w/c tomorrow evening.

throw the carbon in and see if it helped.

Amy

these are all meds that have been donated or i have bought with funds from the sale of other fish we have rescued. but if i was just doing it out of pocket.. yes it would have been about 200$

Amy

Thank you Ron. That means a lot to me.

if this clout treatment doesnt work i am seriously considering euthenizing him. i have an exotic pet vet in red deer and i am going to talk to him later this week and see if he is willing to put this fish down. i feel so bad for the oscar. he has been fighting so hard. I am 99% sure that there is permanent damage to his internal organs at this point not to mention that he is barely able to eat. this is one of the hardest decisions to make but his quality of life will probably never improve. :cry:

like i said before he deserves all the effort i have put in but its cruel to keep him alive in this state. i just wish i had got him a couple weeks earlier. i think it would have made a difference. If only i was a fish whisperer...

thanks everyone for all your support. i will update you all when i talk to dr. higgins

Amy