Calgary Show, Speakers And Auction March 31 And April 1

I'm bringing a bunch of my dragon crowntail bettas, some Paradise Fish, some jewels, maybe some plants, and probably some aquarium equipment.

The auctions are always busy with lots to see caine, but understandably boring after awhile for a kid. Mine comes, but gets to leave after a while with dad.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the child labour laws are much more lax in Edmonton and I saw some of ACE's human fry pressed into service as runners at their auction. They did a great job and it preps them for further aquatic training. Wouldn't it be nice to come home from work and hear "Mommy, I did your water changes for you and I fixed you a martini?"

Actually the child labour laws are much more lax in Edmonton and I saw some of ACE's human fry pressed into service as runners at their auction. They did a great job and it preps them for further aquatic training. Wouldn't it be nice to come home from work and hear "Mommy, I did your water changes for you and I fixed you a martini?"

Yes this is part of our youth program guiding our "human fry" to an eventual life of indentured servitude. We are only in the infancy of the program but are already seeing positive results. We'll try to keep everyone here posted of our review after the conclusion of the first 5 year period.

Lots of free parking.

Show up about 10:30ish so you have time to wander around the tables and check out what's available. Some people bring a notebook to write down lot numbers that they're interested in. Then sit down and watch and bid if you want to. You can arrange to get a bidding card/number and run a tab (by leaving your driver's license as security) and pay for your items all at the end, or just wave your hand and pay as you win each item. It's CASH ONLY, so bring lots of $$$. There's a bank machine across the street if you need it. Maybe bring a box or cooler to carry your fish home. There's a concession for snacks and lunch, and several fast food restaurants nearby. The auction should run until approximately 4:00pm.

It's all fairly low key- scratching your nose won't be registered as a bid. There are no added fees or buyer's premiums, so what you bid is what you pay. Bidding can get competitive for some items, but other things will go for $1 (especially at the end).

Have fun & see you there!

Wow. That is a long day!

It's go by so fast and is so much fun!! Also we have made some changes this year and only current aquarium club members can run tabs. Hope to see you all of you there!!

For those of you entering the show on Saturday, there will be cash prizes!!! 15 dollars for 1st, 10 dollars for second and 5 dollars for third and that's per class!! Start motivating your fish to win..... and get you some money to spend at the auction.....

Just had a quick look around to see what I'll be bringing.

2 Eheim 2213 canister filters

1 36'x12x12 tank with 6 compartments in it

1 big bag of air pumps

1-2 bags of apisto's

1-2 bags of crystal rainbow tetra's

1-2 bags of guppies

3-4 bags of Africans

2-3 bags of catfish

and some more stuff I haven't decided on yet

Just had a quick look around to see what I'll be bringing.

2 Eheim 2213 canister filters

1 36'x12x12 tank with 6 compartments in it

1 big bag of air pumps

1-2 bags of apisto's

1-2 bags of crystal rainbow tetra's

1-2 bags of guppies

3-4 bags of Africans

2-3 bags of catfish

and some more stuff I haven't decided on yet

What's a crystal rainbow tetra? latin name?