Calgary Show, Speakers And Auction March 31 And April 1

Okay fish nerds, start saving your pennies and checking the couch for quarters. Calgary is having it's spring auction, speakers and jar show March 31 and April 1. We have confirmed Jim Robinson as a speaker on Saturday, a highly experienced aquarist, judge and speaker. We at the CAS will keep you updated with more details. Hope to see all of you there!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a member, am I still able to come out to see the auction? Relatively new to all this hobby still..I am looking at becoming a member though :D

Definately some awesome perks of being a member!

You don't need to be a member to buy...so bring cash and be prepared to walk away with sweet deals!

Wingin It, thanks for reminding people about getting their lots from me. I will be out of town for the next general CAS meeting so please pm or email me. So far, over 100 lots are gone of the 500 and we even will let ACE members sell too, I guess.....

I'd be willing to play a jazzy version of under the sea on my flute before the auction starts?

I'd pay money to (sip Balvenie while I) watch that if you would webcast your performance Eugene.

Edited by Fisher

• 2 weeks later...

Eugene, that would be very interesting!! We have a dinner saturday night with the same caterer as last year. Twenty dollars gets you a beef dinner with 2 veggies, salad, bun, dessert and coffee. It was an excellent meal last year. Please contact me for tickets and auction lots. We are at over 200 lots taken so it will fill up fast!! Looking forward to it!!

Edited by fishclubgirl

• 3 weeks later...

I am bringing an assortment of easy to grow plants. Probably two electric blue peacock, If I can catch them in the 230 gallon. May thin out the ever growing cherry shrimp herd. I am sure I can come up with a few more fish, catching them is the hardest thing. How about you Wingin it?

I'm bringing some guppies, swords, a few plants maybe (I was going to sell my "Java Moss." Until I found out it was hair algae, at the last CAS meeting, lol. I threw it all away. No wonder it's taking over my tanks!) I might also bring some platies, and maybe an angel or two, though I'm not sure on those yet.

Dan,

Don't tell them it's "hair algae".... For those of you needing lots, we are just about full so please pm me to let me know how many. Also we are having a dinner saturday night with Jim speaking after. Cost is 20 dollars payable at the dinner and it's the same caterer as last year who put together a great dinner!! Please pm me so I can let the caterer know numbers. Looking forward to a fun weekend and I am thinking of bringing some rare plants....