Planted Fluval Chi Betta Sanctuary

AJanzen

Hey everyone,

This is actually a question for a close friend of mine. He currently has a 5.5 gallon fluval chi with some endlers in it but is looking to transform it into a decently planted betta tank. Main problem is whether the Chi's lighting is adequate to maintain a planted tank. Looking for some solutions here if anyone has any experience with this. Wondering if there is a different light that can be used with the factory setup to provide a higher wattage lighting, low light level plants that are ok with the LED's currently installed, or whether you have to modify the whole filter/light setup to make it work? Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The best way to find out is to try. pick up an anubias for $10... if it lives then try something a little more demanding.

But yea, moving it to a window would be great... just watch for drafts.. bettas also like it hot

Your friend will probably want this as well, bettas are jumpers.

http://www.fluvalblog.com/new-fluval-chi-lid-now-available/

The best way to find out is to try. pick up an anubias for $10... if it lives then try something a little more demanding.

I have an anubias in my chi right now. It is a very slow grower however it is still growing. I have my chi sitting in front of the bay window on my main floor house. I haven't tried any other plants yet but I plan on attempting a faster growing plant.

I have two planted fluval chi, love them but others don't. The pebble tray at the top is very fun to plant. One has a small fern and java moss, the other has lucky bamboo and java moss. Think I may try real moss this spring in one of them. I have mine next to a window and they do great. The older of the two is having a bit of hair algae problem for the first time in over a year. I rescaped and moved some plants into it and I think this is where it came from. Thinking of trying some excell and maybe co2. The rest of the algae types are easily taken care of by ram snails and trapdoor snails. Buying the new tops for the chi is important, glad they came out with them.

• 4 weeks later...