Nothing On Gouramis

Eugene

I plan to set up a community tank in the future with Gouramis as the focal point and once they mature I would separate them and breed .Probably a 30-55 gallon with the top covered in water lettuce frogbite and duck weed with low light anubus and moss on the bottom.I was wondering how they get along with oneanother ,flames ,neons, and powderblues , chocklates , croaking . the only large one would be pearls.Would they get along okay if I bought the smallest ones first and grew them in sequence?Are they sensitive to water or more suseptble to diseases\/

flames, neons and powder blues (IME) are nippy, will fight if they don't have enough space. Chocolates are prone to ick and for some reason hard to keep alive and well long term, and croaking stay small and are adorable. I haven't ventured into the pearls, but i'm sure they're nice. ;)

If I were you i'd add more fast low light growing plants for hiding spaces, driftwood, etc. I would also try to stick to just a few varieties at most and stick to the dwarf/smaller ones as well.

I haven't noticed any sensitivities to water changes with mine. If you manage to find any females of the flames, neons and powderblues you're laughing cause they're really easy to breed...the females don't usually come in all that often and those of us who do find them tend to snatch them up right away.

Happy hunting!

Blues and three spot males can get nasty and I found they bully the ladies to death. They were fine with other fish as long as they were large enough. Have sparkling gouramis now and they seem to be quite hardy and peaceful..