Endler's Livebearers

SuperGuppyGirl

So scrolling through the posts I have noticed a lot about Pure Endler lines and was wondering how you know whether yours is pure or a guppy hybrid ? I have a Chili Endler male and a Japanese Blue Swordtail male and while gorgeous have always liked the guppy/endler cross as I get the vibrant coloring of the Endler's and the big black spot with the fabulous flowing tails and fins of the guppy as well as a hardier guppy that doesn't succumb to disease or change as easy. So just wondering keep crossing or would it be worth it to try and find some Endler females and try to do the purebred Endler?

Endler's habitat has been destroyed, so many hobbyists try to keep theirs pure. If you're mixing with guppys, just call them guppys and not Endler's, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Endler's habitat has been destroyed, so many hobbyists try to keep theirs pure. If you're mixing with guppys, just call them guppys and not Endler's, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Wow... That makes me want to set-up a pure Endler strain tank.

I don't know I have several cross bred endler to reg/fan. guppies and I like their look better. I mean yes the pure should be preserved but they're so washed out looking compared to the crossbred. but i also could be biased.

So started small with a 10 gallon and lost my chili endler male :( but went to AC and purchased Endler males ( orange and green) and some of the females and got some off a member here ( never noticed till they were by themselves the lovely bronzy/gold sheen the females have) and now currently have 2 males, 6 females and 8 fry! Only problem now is finding a spot for a bigger tank as they shortly will be overcrowded due to uncontrolled breeding LOL

Endlers are very sturdy fish, I don't have guppies, and about 10 breeding couples of endlers. They reproduce like mad, there are always 100's of fry in my tank. They live with my discus, and the discus keep their numbers on check. I occasionally use them as feeders when their numbers skyrocket :(

If anybody wants some, I am willing to trade breeding couples for large shrimp or blue neon tetras :)